Performance review is typically an annual event, used to rate employees based on their performance and potential.
Talent management strategy translates competencies and capabilities needed for competitive advantage into specific skills and ensures that they are present in the workforce. This may require special acquisition and development.
- Measures thinking style, behavioral traits and occupational interests,
- Compares candidates to job-specific patterns to predict future success,
- Improves quality of hire, and
- Provides a foundation for ongoing employee performance management, that will lead to increase their performance.
- Completion of the CheckPoint 360™ assessment results in a comprehensive individualized report, which is provided to each leader and his / her manager.
This report is used as the foundation for a discussion between the leader and an assigned coach.
Support is provided to help organization’s leaders interpret the report correctly and create a development plan based on a custom guide which document the process of the discussion and includes topics and tips for providing feedback and creating on-the-job actions that will insure success of the program.
- An Organizational Management Analysis™ (OMA) is also provided. The CheckPoint OMA is a comprehensive tool that provides insights into the overall abilities and alignment of the 18 management skills sets. This is a high-level overview of all of the individual leader results. The OMA report is about 15 to 20 pages long and has the following four key deliverables.
–A detailed analysis of alignment between individual leaders and their managers, regarding the critical skills sets important for business success.
–A composite on favorability against the 18 management skills. This is essentially an organizational skills gap.
–A description of what each leader needs in terms of development.
- The CheckPoint Program also grants access to the CheckPoint SkillBuilder Series™
For each of the 18 competencies, there is a SkillBuilder that goes along with it. This is not a course but, rather, tips and tools for improving a skill on the job. Each SkillBuilder is similar to a teaching opportunity and lasts about six weeks.